Who Benefits from Stephen Ministry?
People Who Need Care...
Receive quality, Christ-centered, confidential care for their hurts and needs
- Find hope, healing, and a new sense of self-worth through the support of a Stephen Minister
- Know they are remembered and supported by their congregation in times of personal difficulty
- Receive ongoing care for continuing needs long after the onset of crisis, when many others have forgotten about them
- Grow in a deeper relationship with their Lord as they experience God’s unconditional love for them through their Stephen Minister
What is Stephen Ministry?
The Stephen Series, also called “Stephen Ministry,” provides congregations with the training, resources, and ongoing support to organize and equip a team of lay caregivers–called Stephen Ministers–in the congregation.
Since 1975, the Stephen Ministries organization, based in St. Louis, Missouri, has helped more than 11,000 congregations implement Stephen Ministry. These congregations represent more than 150 denominations and come from all 50 states, 10 Canadian provinces, and 23 other countries.
The Stephen Ministry Difference
With Stephen Ministry -
- Pastors don’t carry the burden of being the congregation’s sole caregivers. They have a team of gifted, trained, committed lay caregivers ready to minister to hurting people inside and outside the congregation.
- Laypeople have a chance to use and strengthen their leadership and caregiving gifts in meaningful ministry–serving others while experiencing tremendous spiritual growth
- People who are hurting no longer suffer alone. A caring Christian friend comes alongside them to provide emotional and spiritual care for as long as the need persists